On Line Bookkeeping & Tax Service, Inc., is a professional service corporation, offering its Clients the full array of services:
- Bookkeeping (Business and Personal),
- Tax Preparations (all types of taxes for all types of entities and in all 50 States),
- Tax Audit and Collections Representation and Tax Problem Resolution,
- Business Management Consulting, including Business Entity Choice and Formation, and
- Tax Planning.
In 2002, together with Janet Ryan Morse, EA, Roger purchased an existing business with an established clientele that had been at the same location in Alpine for 13 years. Roger and Jan are still at that location, and since that time they have more than doubled the size of their business, grossing over $400,000 annually. In 2015 Christy A. Kohl EA joined the firm as a full partner, merging her own tax practice into the firm. Roger is a homeowner in Alpine.
In addition to a BS in Electrical Engineering from Manhattan College School of Engineering (New York City), Roger holds an MBA (Emphasis: Engineering Management) from the University of Chicago and an MS in Business Administration (Emphasis: Finance and Marketing) from the University of Southern California.
Roger is active in the community
- President of the San Diego Chapter of the California Society of Enrolled Agents,
- Publicly (twice) elected to 4-year terms as Member of the Alpine Community Planning Group, a County panel that advises the County Land Use Planners on local Real estate matters
- Vice President of the Alpine Stagecoach Lions Club, Inc.,
- Treasurer of the El Cajon Valley Mother Goose Parade Association,
- Treasurer of Mt. Laguna Community Gardens & Charities Inc.,
- Treasurer of the Alpine Business Networking Association,
- Secretary-Treasurer of the Alpine Chamber Community Foundation, Inc.,
- Finance Chair of the Alpine Education Foundation, Inc., and
- Secretary of Alliance 4Empowerment.org, (an organization formed after the 2003 Cedar Fire to help with the reconstruction of 80+ homes in Peutz Valley, that organization has since been re-tasked/renamed to be an effective vehicle for promoting the empowerment of women in business.
Following military service as an Air Force Commissioned officer (1963-1969), Roger held senior Accounting and Managerial positions in a variety of industries:
- Electric Utility Construction Management (Southern California Edison) (1969-1980),
- Real Estate Development, Management & Syndication throughout Texas, Arizona, Colorado (1980-1987),
- Medical Facilities Management, Jewelry Manufacturing, Life and Disability Insurance, Casualty Insurance, and Telemarketing.
Concurrent to his work in Industry, above, Roger was Adjunct Professor of Business and Accounting in Academia (U. of Redlands, U. of Phoenix), was seasonally employed by Intuit (makers of TurboTax and QuickBooks, as well as LACERTE and Pro Series tax software) to rigorously test, prior to release, their tax preparation software, and also operated a small Tax Preparation practice.